Static screened data transmission cable for control technology
RD-Y(ST)Y: PVC Process control data cable for, e.g., control stations/ units and monitoring systems, Maxi TERMI-POINT®, Paired stranding, Static screen foil
- Decoupling of circuits by means of twisted-pair (TP) design (crosstalk effects)
- RD-Y(ST)Y is used as a data transmission cable for applications such as monitoring systems and control units
- Measurement, control and regulation technology and also in control rooms of power plants and industrial facilities.
- Suitable for transmission of analog and digital signals up to a frequency of about 10 kHz
- Designed for fixed installations in enclosed rooms.
- Outer sheath colour: grey or
blue for intrinsically safe systems
- Variant with 2 double cores twisted as star quad
- Flame retardant acc. to IEC 60332-1-2
Norm references / Approvals
- Based on DIN VDE 0815
- 7-wire bare stranded copper conductor,
core insulation made of PVC
- Cores twisted into pairs,
4 pairs twisted into a bundle,
bundles in layers,
bundles labelled using numbered foil
- Aluminium-laminated plastic foil static screen with tinned drain wire
- Outer sheath made of PVC
- Outer sheath colour: grey
Classification ETIM 5
- ETIM 5.0 Class-ID: EC000104
- ETIM 5.0 Class-Description: Control cable
Classification ETIM 6
- ETIM 6.0 Class-ID: EC000104
- ETIM 6.0 Class-Description: Control cable
Core identification code
- Pair no. 1: a-conductor: blue
Pair no. 2: a-conductor: grey
- Pair no. 3: a-core: green
Pair no. 4: a-core: white
- At 800 Hz: ≤ 100 nF/km
The values may be exceeded by 20 % on cables with up to 4 double cores.
- (loop): ≤ 73.6 Ohm/km
- At 1 kHz: approx. 1.2 dB/km
- At 10 kHz: approx. 2.8 dB/km
Minimum bending radius
- Occasional flexing: 15 x outer diameter
- Fixed installation: 7.5 x outer diameter
Short-range crosstalk attenuation
- At 10 kHz and 500 m cable length:
min. 60 dB
- C/C: 2000 V
- C/S: 2000 V
- At 1 kHz: approx. 370 ohm
- At 10 kHz: approx. 130 ohm
- Occasional flexing: -5°C to +50°C
- Fixed installation: -40°C to +80°C
- Unless specified otherwise, the shown product values are nominal values. Detailed values (e.g. tolerances) are available upon request.
- Copper price basis: EUR 150/100 kg. Refer to catalogue appendix T17 for the definition and calculation of copper-related surcharges.
- Please find our standard lengths at: www.lappkabel.de/en/cable-standardlengths
- Packaging size: coil ≤ 30 kg or ≤ 250 m, otherwise drum
- Please specify the preferred type of packaging (e.g. 1 x 500 m drum or 5 x 100 m coils).
- MAXI-TERMI-POINT® is a registered trademark of AMP
- Photographs and graphics are not to scale and do not represent detailed images of the respective products.
- Prices are net prices without VAT and surcharges. Sale to business customers only.