Senior Industry Sector Manager - Industrial Communications
Job Title: Senior Industry Sector Manager
Reporting to: Head of Sales
Cables, connectors, switches - at LAPP, customers find a comprehensive portfolio for all applications and protocol standards of industrial communication - from a single source and with LAPP's manufacturing expertise. The ‘Senior Industry Sector Manager – IC’ will be responsible for managing & strategically developing our business in this field.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
• To take responsibility for Lapp UK’s I/C Key Initiative, to update regularly and report, present feedback along with upcoming opportunities to the management team in London via CRM and monthly meetings
• Maximise sales across multiple tiered industry including Contractors, Consultants and Distribution
• Full responsibility for the opportunity funnel, growth in sales, maximise GP% and market share within Industry and be the product owner for Industries product ranges
• Maximise opportunity pipeline by working on self-lead generation, liaising with sales department and distribution
• To use our quote logs and CRM system to identify existing potential and offer the required support to turn these opportunities into orders. Document all meetings and opportunities on the CRM system
• To respond to all enquiries from new and prospective customers, providing required technical information and material recommendations
• To provide technical and service support for large scale projects in these areas
• Supporting the wider sales team to handle the smaller enquiries through training and on the spot advice for more complex issues
• Presenting in-depth technical information to new prospects and distributors to create new enquiries and promote Lapp’s USP’s within the industry
• Drive applications and industries through pro-active and re-active tasks
• To research companies and contacts not currently known to Lapp and initiating conversations to promote our industry knowledge and products
• Conduct training sessions with sales personnel to empower them to provide basic technical and commercial support to the industry
• Based on local and global competition analysis, you will participate in the price setting of the complete IC product portfolio differentiated for segment / geographic requirements
• To attend meetings, exhibitions, partner events and consistently build a network of contacts who can help specify and push our brands within these indicatives
Scope of Role
• The Senior Industry Sector Manager is the focal point for growth of products for Key Initiative – IC & Automation
• To become an expert in the relevant applications and markets to be able to discuss enquiries and projects at a much deeper level. This is to be done through research, external training and discussions with product managers at our headquarters
• Work closely with the marketing department, give advice on USP’s technically and commercially for new campaigns
• To work with the purchasing department to ensure we have enough variation and quantity of stock to maximise all opportunities
• Cooperate with international team of IC experts in council meetings
Lapp UK recognises the positive value of diversity and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified or experienced individuals, regardless of their race, gender, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You will be a knowledgeable Senior Industry Sector Manager – IC with demonstrable hands-on experience of the above responsibilities. You will share our passion for the company values which are: customer-oriented, success-oriented, family-oriented and Innovative. You will thrive in a busy environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Expertise
• Strong knowledge on industrial automation technology (sensors / actuators / protocols / PLC proficient knowledge of relevant portfolio and market players)
• Be an industry and product expert to fully support Lapp sales staff and our distribution partners to ensure they maximise every enquiry within these markets
• 3+ years relevant experience in commercial positions
• Understands the detail of margin calculation and market price setting
• Strong affinity with technology and industrial products
Please send us your CV and a Covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to hr.uk.luk(at)lapp.com.
We will be assessing candidates and arranging interviews as applications come in so please apply as soon as possible. Closing date is 19th August 2022.
Download full job specification here: