Senior Business Development Manager
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
The Senior BDM is primarily responsible for the product Sales and Margin / participate of life cycle of the designated product and solutions portfolio (within the designated strategic Key Initiative) within his local sales area.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
• Business development (30% time); Develops, owns, implements and monitors the action plan for the development of selected Key Initiatives. Aligns the program with sales team and actively participate to develop and own the action plan aligned with the LAPP UK Strategy
• Market intelligence; Build and secure optimal market, competitor and customer knowledge in collaboration with PM or Technical engineer
• Product Management; Co-manages the product and solutions life cycle (Launch, Maintain, Fade-out) and competitive positioning for the designated products within the Key Initiative from UIL together with the Local Product Manager(s) and/or Technical Engineers. Co-manage commercial opportunities with internal operational function
• Pricing Management; Pro-actively gives structured feedback on customer pricing, discount levels and price levels of competitors. The BDM should be the eyes and ears from the customer point of view and advise the internal organisation of correct 'market driven' pricing for the designated product (groups) within the Key Initiative. Work with the PM or SM. Pricing should be market driven and based on the outside-in and inside-out prices analysis
• Process analysis; Contribute and advise improvements for processes, procedures and systems as well for concepts and methods, to the organization
• Promotion; Participate and Co-manage for instance for Communication/ Campaigns/ Sales promotions/ Sales tools / Training and Webinar, to be able to achieve the defined goals (MQL's/ Revenue/ Active customers) for Key initiative portfolio. Participate and manage sales push for Key initiative
• Operational activities / Sales (60% time) ; Daily focus on visiting customers (online and offline) / searching and managing opportunities aligned with sales team /follow-up on creation offers and follow-up on quotations dedicated for the designated Key Initiatives.
• Be Key account Manager for list of big customers
• The Senior BDM assists Marketing team to implement new products on the market
• The Senior BDM develops, owns, implement and monitor the operational (sales) activities in the fields aligned with sales and sales leader(s)
• The Senior BDM interacts highly and supports the Sales Team on a day to day in retaining existing customers and growing new customers
• This Senior BDM works closely in his responsible sales area to maximise the key initiative(s), follow up leads to transform in customer
• Based on local and global competition analysis the BDM participate at the price setting of the complete product portfolio differentiated for segment
Scope of Role
• Reporting requirements to line manager: Monthly Reporting of the defined KPI's global and Senior BDM KPI's. Prepare and attend weekly review with manager. Participate UK KI review. 'Monthly review KI (OC / IC) with the LAPP UK KI manager
• Decision making power: As defined in the Delegation of Authority (= DOA). This in accordance with agreements in the budget for the current financial year. In line with what's defined in the CHP's
Lapp UK recognises the positive value of diversity and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified or experienced individuals, regardless of their race, gender, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You will be a knowledgeable Business Development Manager with demonstrable hands-on experience of the above responsibilities. You will share our passion for the company values which are: customer-oriented, success-oriented, family-oriented and Innovative. You will thrive in a busy environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Expertise
• Economically relevant training relevant to the electro technical market
• 5+ years of relevant work experience in the leading position in industry and sales
• 5+ years relevant experience in commercial positions
• Strong affinity with technology and industrial products
• Key Initiative IC: Strong knowledge on industrial automation technology (sensors / actuators / protocols / PLC ….)
• Pronounced knowledge of relevant portfolio and market players
• Good know How of Distributed Sales Models
• Understands the detail of Profit & Loss reports
Please send us your CV and a Covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to hr.uk.luk(at)lapp.com.
We will be assessing candidates and arranging interviews as applications come in so please apply as soon as possible. Closing date is 19th August 2022.
Download full job specification here: