Job Title: Account Manager
Reporting to: Sales Office Manager
To undertake sales activities, maintain, develop and grow sales of Lapp Group’s product range to existing and potential customers, in accordance with Lapp Company goals. Ensuring customers’ needs and requests are met, respond to their queries in a timely manner and aspire to deliver a positive customer experience. You should have excellent communication and negotiation skills and be customer service oriented. Ultimately, you should be able to grow our business by building successful, long-term client relationships.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Measurement
• Managing existing customer accounts;
• Identifying new customers for Lapp products and services as well as providing the necessary technical and pricing information to gain business – support & training provided;
• Self-generation of sales leads;
• Following up on sales leads provided by the Marketing Department and Sales team;
• Identifying new areas of growth within the marketplace, product mix and new markets;
• Participation in monthly Sales Meetings;
• Provide a timely response and effective follow up to all sales enquiries using appropriate methods
• Effectively plan and prioritise time to call existing and potential customers within set time frames. Including lapsed customers and new business.
• Work within a team to drive portfolio/territory/business to achieve set goals within a set time frame
• Develop existing accounts and relationships through effective planning and use of historical data.
• To receive and handle incoming phone calls for all enquiries in a timely and effective manner
• Obtaining regular feedback on previous experience with Lapp to ensure customer expectations are always met.
• Effective handling and ownership of customer complaints
• Manage, organise, and update company/customer data on an on-going basis;
• Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to company targets;
• Attend company provided training to develop relevant product knowledge, techniques and skills;
• Progressing orders, credits, returns within acceptable time frames and S.L.A’s.
• Follow all administrative policies and procedures within Lapp Group UK
• Promote E shop to customers.
Scope of Role
• Increasing business levels and achieving the maximum GPM for all Lapp products;
• Maintaining good customer relations with clients;
• Developing Lapp products presence in the marketplace;
• Keeping up-to-date with technical developments and information on Group products;
• Providing feed-back on competitor products and activity.
Lapp UK recognises the positive value of diversity and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all suitably qualified or experienced individuals, regardless of their race, gender, biological sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
You will be a knowledgeable Account Manager with demonstrable hands-on experience of the above responsibilities. You will share our passion for the company values which are: customer-oriented, success-oriented, family-oriented and Innovative. You will thrive in a busy environment.
Skills, Qualifications & Expertise
• Highly motivated with a desire to achieve targets;
• Trustworthy and honest;
• Appropriate technical aptitude and/or qualifications;
• Proven ability to manage own work and visit programme;
• Ability to establish good working relationships and good negotiation skills;
• Strong IT skills in Excel and Word and E-mail;
• Knowledge of SAP an advantage;
• Loyal and company-focused; .
Please send us your CV and a Covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com.
We will be assessing candidates and arranging interviews as applications come in so please apply as soon as possible. Closing date is 19th August 2022.
Download full job specification here: